What does an Ecommerce Website Builder do?
Ecommerce Website Builder offer a space where businesses can be facilitated online. Since there is a technological breakthrough in today’s era, people are resorting to buying from the comfort of their homes and selling online using different channels.
Ecommerce websites help you manage orders, simplify transactions, process shipping, and deliveries and get instant feedback in real-time where everything completely happens online. You can sell physical goods, services, and also digital products which come in the form of online courses, music, podcasts, eBooks, etc.
There are several types of ecommerce sites that are differentiated based on the parties that are involved in the exchange. The most popular types are B2B and B2C. The business transaction that happens between two businesses is called B2B, while in B2C, the transaction happens between a business and a customer.
Considering your reasons?
You might be someone who wants to build an online store using an Ecommerce website or someone who wants to know what all the fuss is about; this is why we bring to you the 11 best ecommerce websites.
If you need a reason to keep reading, let us tell you the most valuable benefits of having an ecommerce business or an ecommerce store.
Constant tracking, customer relations evaluation, and market segmentation.
With an Ecommerce store, you can experiment with your target audience, and this lets you get in touch with different markets and various types of customers.
How are Ecommerce Websites Built?
Building an Ecommerce Website takes passion, a lot of time, research, and most importantly, skilled web developers who will help you ace it. Here’s a simplified and basic map that illustrates how ecommerce websites are built.
Choosing what you want to sell comes as the first stage of building an ecommerce site because you have to solidify the purpose to sell a product and also find the most popular ecommerce site that will do the best with your product.
At the same time, you need to make sure it is what you want and it is what works best for you. Once you have chosen your product, it will pave the way for you to conduct extensive research on it so you can get your hands on quality information about the product in addition to the pros and cons of it.
Finding the right target market or the right target audience is the most essential part of the research. Besides conducting research, to identify your target audience, you could conduct polls or imagine yourself as the customer.
When you create your buyer persona, you need to consider every aspect of your customer from their age, gender, income, background, psychology, demographic details, etc.
Checking the viability of the product you want to sell ensures that your product actually sells and brings your business profit in the long run.
Although you have done adequately for your product and the target audience, you still will have to go over the other things related to validating your product such as your competitors, your industry strength, market strength etc.
Your ecommerce website builder will provide you with store designs, themes that are customizable and free and sometimes even paid marketing tools that you can use to market your store or your online business.
- Build and Sell
You need to understand, it is going to be you who will build your own ecommerce store and the website developer will only offer you the right space and appropriate tools.
Building your store includes deciding whether you will get your products from a wholesaler, the manufacturer itself or if you will be utilizing a reseller or through the dropshipping method by involving a third party. Decide on the transaction methods, shipping and delivery.
Prepare a good business plan and make sure that you have incorporated everything in your ecommerce store. The last and final step is to make your envisioned online ecommerce store live and develop an effective marketing strategy to reach customers across the world.
Here are 11 best ecommerce store builder sites
Singlebag is the simplest and the most customer oriented platform that your ecommerce business needs. Build your online store with no coding knowledge. Singlebag is an ecommerce platform that will help you grow your business.
The ecommerce platform will allow you to build an online business through which you can reach your customers from around the world, productively.
If you are someone who is new to the world of ecommerce business, online store building or someone who already owns a physical store and wants to move to a different dimension, Singlebag is the best option.
- Manage your business from anywhere and everywhere with a single click through the mobile app.
- Become a wholesaler, reseller, and partner with Singlebag through which you will help other small business owners build their own ecommerce store online
- A POS system that brings together your online store and your in-person outlet.
- The unique feature that provides you with a delivery app that is connected to you and your delivery agent, facilitating hassle-free and timely delivery.
- Access the most powerful tools to enhance your marketing.
- Create beautiful storefront designs and pick from different options for extensions.
- Learn more about ecommerce business through the Singlebag Learning Academy.
- Monitor updates through a centralized dashboard.
- Reliable 24/7 customer support.
- Organized order management system to track and process orders productively.
- Affordable and reasonable pricing with the basic plan starting at 4,999 rupees per year.
Wix is a drag and drop ecommerce store builder that is highly intuitive. It is non-technical, easy to use and customizable. Despite really good features the basic plan has some issues with inventory management that needs more tracking tools.
- Customizable templates that are uncomplicated and are easily editable
- Integrates features that lets you sell on social media
- Product pages that are SEO optimized to enhance keyword reach
- Free SSL certificate to ensure safety and uniqueness.
- Basic plan that starts at 23$ a month.
- Allows you to import CSV (Comma Separated Values) files to your store.
Zyro helps you create an online store within an hour. If you are looking to build an ecommerce site that already has the basic outline of what needs to be added and you just want to do the bare minimum of filling in, customizing and changing a few stuff around within a choice of over 24 design templates, Zyro works the best for you. It must be noted that you can only use a paid version of Zyro as they don’t provide free trials.
- Good marketing and SEO tools.
- Easy, simple and organized dashboard.
- Aesthetically pleasing and professional templates that can be customized based on your needs.
- Drag and drop editor for quick website building.
- Plans that start at 11.49$ per month.
- Integration with Google Analytics that ensures exposure.
Squarespace used to be a website builder and not an online store builder, so as a user who is new to this sector you will have to learn some of the basics beforehand to find your way. Squarespace as an ecommerce business builder that can be accessed only when paid. Also, in your store you can only accept payments through Apple Pay, Afterpay, Stripe and Paypal.
- You can transform or rather use your website as an online store at 5$ per month instead of building an online store from scratch.
- Extensions for marketing, shipping, sales and finance.
- Drag and drop editor for simplified editing and customized templates.
- You can sell any number of products
- Intuitive and highly responsive image scaling.
- WYSIWYG editing to simplify complex layouts.
- Plans that start at 26$ a month.
For anyone who wants to build a small business and have an online store to manage their business, Weebly is a good choice. You can build your online store for free but you have to buy a plan to own your domain name and remove unwanted ads. Weebly has some really good features included in the free plan for anyone who wants to keep their online store simple. You can advance to a paid plan if you want to grow your ecommerce business further.
- Drag and drop website builder that comes with a ‘media library’ which serves as a guide to build websites.
- User friendly order management system.
- Specialized bulk inventory functions to manage bulk products better
- Websites simplified for mobile use.
- Special coupon builder that facilitates promotions.
- The paid plan starts at 6$ a month.
BigCommerce is for business owners who have a flair for technology. The website builder offers a myriad of customization options and allows business owners to sell internationally. With the help of BigCommerce, you can SEO optimize your store and use social media to promote your business. The only drawback would be the very technical complexity that makes the website builder unique. Since it requires a tech-savvy mind to master, finding your way through website building becomes a difficult task for newbies to adapt to. However, you can’t buy a domain from BigCommerce. You would have to buy a domain seperately and connect it to BigCommerce to leverage its features.
- Flexible payment methods.
- Ability to sell across multiple channels.
- Features that include API and SDK.
- Drag and drop editor with visual aids.
- Plans that start at 29.95$ per month.
- Shift4Shop or 3DCart
Shift4Shop was formerly known as 3DCart. Shift4Shop is an entirely free website builder that offers features like SEO tools, customizable themes, storefront designs etc but you would have to buy a paid plan to enable transactions in your ecommerce store.
- Mobile friendly themes and a built-in blog feature.
- Sell unlimited products
- Built in SEO to enhance effective visibility
- Diverse payment options.
- Paid plans start at 19$ a month.
GoDaddy is the only ecommerce website builder that uses AI to build online stores productively, at the speed of light. All you have to do is fill in information and the AI customizes your website for you. The disadvantage of using AI based website builders like GoDaddy is that you lose your creative freedom and sometimes your website might look bland and lifeless. You become forced to depend on the built-in templates. Also, you can only sell a little over 1.500 products using GoDaddy.
- Ability to integrate with social media.
- Automated order management system.
- Various payment options.
- Mobile friendly templates.
- Plans that start at 24.99$ per month.
Volusion is one of the earliest website builders and it offers a multitude of features such as the ability to sell unlimited products, payment options, easy navigation etc. Since Volusion was developed earlier, you won’t be able to sell digital products.
- Themes that are mobile friendly and easy to use.
- CSS editor that lets you customize your website that appeals to your customer’s needs.
- No transaction charges.
- Drag and drop editor for easy editing.
- Ecommerce plans that start at 26$ per month.
Selz is for new business owners who want to build an ecommerce website with ease and simplicity. This website allows you to sell through many channels. You can use the free trial for 15 days and then buy a paid plan, however, this is not for people who want to make their website more technical.
- Ability to buy display ads and buttons.
- Drag and drop editor for ease of use.
- Payments through Stripe.
- Effective sales analytics.
- Plans start at 26$ per month.
WooCommerce is a WordPress plug-in that works for small businesses who have websites but are looking to integrate ecommerce elements to enhance their online presence. You will also have access to other wordpress plug-ins. They also have built-in developers to assist you in bringing your ecommerce store to life.
- Free access to WordPress.
- Complete creative freedom over the look and feel of your ecommerce website.
- Full data protection.
- Mobile friendly.
- You can use WooCommerce free of cost.
If you are considering seeking out an ecommerce website builder, you need to find the best.
User friendliness, accessibility, creative freedom, easy transactions, a learning academy and a community forum where you can share your knowledge and benefit others, a good order management system and a great customer support at affordable prices are the most significant features you need to look for in your website builder and when you consider these, Singlebag is the best and you shouldn’t settle for less.
Finding the right one is now made easy, the exploration is left to you.
#ecommercewebsitebuilder #ecommercestore #onlinebusiness #Singlebag #ecommerceplatform #socialmedia