Before you get started
Before getting started know about your vision for running an online store. Depending on your objectives and prerequisites, you can make an essential or modern store. Ensure that you have a careful understanding of what you need.
When you’re ready to create a store, you can follow this overall agenda to ensure you complete the nuts and bolts.
Here are a few things you can do to increase the value of the store:
- If you already have an existing online store on other platforms, relocate your products, customers, and order information to the Singlebag platform.
- Make sure which pricing plan meets your business needs.
- Login to your Singlebag admin panel.
- Enter your online store name. It is the name that’s displayed on every page of your website. The legal business name appears on every invoice bill.
Before you stock up your store with products, you need to enter some information about you and your store.
- Enter some basic standard details such as tax setup, GST setup, business address, default currency for their store, order receiving method, customer transactions, etc.
- Set up taxes because you might need to charge taxes on your sales as a merchant.
- Enable the Payment gateway from the area of your admin panel. You can enable a variety of 8 payment methods on your admin panel.
- There are a few different things to consider when you’re choosing which payment methods to offer to your customers. If you want to let their customers pay using a credit card, then you can use a third-party payment gateway provider.
- There are also several ways for customers to pay online without using a credit card or debit card, like PayPal, Stripe, Razorpay, Instamojo, etc.
- Also, you need to set up your domain to make sure that your customers can find your store online.
The two main important things to keep in mind are how you want your store to be and what products need to sell.
Try a couple of themes to see which one suits best for your business and add a few products to sell. Depending on how many products you plan to offer, adding and organizing the product and listing them can be the most time-consuming step of setting up an online store in Singlebag. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to add their products, organize them into groups, and set the necessary pricing, tax, and shipping information.
- Activate a theme. You can add any one of the free themes by activating it.
- Take a list of the no. of products, brands, and categories your willing to display in the store. Add multiple products all at once by importing them using a CSV file.
- Collect images and information about a product such as its price, variants, options, and inventory.
- Update clearly about the product inventory.
- Also collect images and details about the categories, brands, and coupons that have to be featured in the store.
- Create pages that describe their store, some common page types include About Us, contact information, FAQs, refund policy, shipping, privacy, and more.
- Add menus and links. The menus on our website are a series of linked items that navigates between the different pages or sections on a site. The menus include About Us, contact information, FAQs, refund policy, shipping, privacy, etc.
- Add apps from the Singlebag App Store. Apps allow you to quickly extend the functionality of your store.
Test before launch
Before you launch your online store, place some test orders to see how the checkout process works.
- Place a test order, to make sure that your checkout process and settings for order processing, inventory, shipping, email notifications, and taxes are all correct.
- After placing a test order, you need to prepare and deliver the items. Make sure if you want to provide his delivery agent.
- Create the delivery agents from your admin panel and assign the orders that have to be delivered to these agents.
- Remember about the delivery module app. For your delivery agents, Singlebag has developed a delivery module app. It is an app showcasing your delivery summary, through which the agent can see the orders assigned directly to him. As a result of this, the agent can easily let you know when the order has been picked up and delivered, and at the same time, the delivery address is at hand with integration with, for example, Google Maps.
- After you’ve picked a plan and tested your online store, you’re now ready for people to see it.
To Know More,
Visit us @ singlebag.com
How to list your products online using Singlebag platform?
How to create a brand in your eCommerce store?
How to create categories using Singlebag platform?
What are attributes and variants? How to create them?
How to create coupons for your eCommerce store using Singlebag platform?
Adding & categorizing products